Ice cream eyeballs dessert perfect for Halloween!
Doesn’t ice cream eyeballs sound yummy? Well maybe not but trust me you will want to try these out. They’re fun to make but you need to work fast or they’ll melt. I used vanilla ice cream and green and brown candies.
My son Noa actually came up with this idea. He loves helping his mama cook in the kitchen and making fun treats. He said mom doesn’t ice-cream eyeballs sound good? And from there sparked this idea. These are fun for a Halloween treat. Add the red vessels with a zombie green candy and you’ve turned a normal eye into a spooky one!
This treat is super simple to make.
Ice Cream Eyeballs
- Vanilla ice cream
- strawberry syrup
- Brown M&M candies
- Green lifesaver candies
- ice cream cones
- Scoop ice cream into cone ensuring the shape stays round
- Place in freezer until solid
- Place a lifesaver candy in the middle of the ice cream
- Dip the M&M candy in the ice cream to act as adhesive then place the M&M over the lifesaver
- Pour out strawberry syrup into a small container and use a toothpick to create random lines on the eye to give the appearance of “bloodshot eyes”
- Freeze as needed throughout this process.
As you might notice in the pictures (which I am considering redoing) the ice cream was melting. I struggled a lot to finish the design before the ice cream started melting so that is why I added the step of freezing the ice cream after you scoop it.
I hope you enjoyed. If you tried out this recipe I would love to see it. Use hashtag #BusyBeeMama on Instagram!
What is your favorite thing about Halloween? Comment below!