Halloween is only a few days away so I thought I would make this delicious spiderweb brownie cake. It’s so thick and moist and makes a perfect treat for Halloween. I made this last minute brownie cake. So I hope you enjoy!
This was such a yummy treat that my family loved. It’s thick like cake but tastes like a brownie. It’s just the right amount of chocolate. I have to be honest I am not a big chocolate fan. I like chocolate but it has to have something in it like nuts or just a little something else. This brownie can be modified if you’d like to add nuts or sprinkles etc. whatever you’d like inside. I just kept it simple with the batter to please everyone.
I used 3 eggs total which gave it a nice thickness to it rather than it being too dense. I also used store bought frosting and my new favorite chocolate melts Ghirradelli classic white premium baking chips! I’ve had terrible luck using candy melts and once I found how good these work I am going to be using these in future recipes. I used an 8 inch cake pan. Make sure it is round so that it looks good when you add the spider web design.
Spiderweb Brownie Cake
- Brownie Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Chocolate frosting
- White chocolate melts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch round cake pan.
- Make brownie mix according to directions on box by adding eggs, water, and oil. *Adding 3 eggs makes it thicker*
- Fill cake pan with brownie mix.
- Bake brownies for 40 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let brownie cake completely cool.
- Flip cake over onto a tray.
- Frost a thin layer of chocolate frosting on the top of the brownie cake.
- Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate melts in the microwave for 1 min and stir. Melt longer if needed.
- Place candy melts into a sandwich bag and cut the tip of the bag.
- Create a web like design on the brown cake. Use a toothpick if needed.
How do you like your brownies? This was actually my first time making thick brownies and I loved it. Happy Halloween Everyone!